Yes, that is right, I am now a full time, in-house photographer for a catalog company. I should items for the company website and monthly catalog. The work keeps me busy and shooting but not artistically fulfilled.
I am looking forward to finally getting in a groove at work so I can shoot on the weekends and create more images that I hope will entice, inspire and make the view think.
It is interesting how things have changed since I have actually been in the corporate world.
- Business Casual has nothing to do with business attire.
- People don't ask questions face to face, it's all by email. Even if the sender is sitting right behind you and you can hear them type the email
- The massive amounts of approvals just to get a $25 cord ordered
- Yards and Yards of red tape
- Cubical workers all with their individual iPods
- 40 hour work week, yea if I only work till Thursday!
Besides that and the age gap with me and the rest of the creative team, I like the company and don't mind the work. It's the creative stifling that I am still trying to find an outlet for.