Thursday, June 11, 2009

Interesting art quotes


For years I have been contemplating returning to school to get my MFA degree. Why? Who knows, maybe I feel like I still have unfinished business. But if I ever want to teach I need a masters. A BFA and 25 years practical experience isn't enough anymore. But I digress.
So I received information from The Academy of Art University in San Francisco and there were some great quotes in the booklet I received; I want to share them here.
If it inhabits your dreams and questions your fears, it's art

It it lifts you up in some sort of emotional epiphany or throws your preconceptions to the ground, it's art

If it disturbs you, it's art


So according to them art is everywhere. And the artist is the one who can transform he mundane into magical.

As Paul Gauguin once said,
Art is either plagiarism or revolution.


Let's start a revolution!

No comments: