Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change has come to America


Just a quick note to reflect on what has just transpired.

On the history that was just made and on the hope for a less restrictive, conservative and elitist future for the USA. Being an artist my work has sometimes been political, my photographs are my voice and I have shared them with as many people as possible.
But even this morning people in the area where I live still were talking about how this country is now doomed, how with this "liberal" was going to ruin our nation.
I was getting coffee about 3 hours before our 44th President was sworn in and there was chatter about how bad things are. Not the current economic crisis we are in, not the awful wars we are fighting, but how awful it is that we have a liberal in the White House. My professional and personal life has suffered in the last 8 years and now I have a little glimmer of hope that change actually will occur. Don't get me wrong, I am not going soft and becoming romantic about this country, but President Obama's speech actually talked about the problems, not some distant government problem, but OUR collective problem. I was always told if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. So whether you are an artist, banker, lawyer, handyman or President of the US, we can all do something to wake this country up and get out of this terrible slump we are in.
And President Obama, remember we're watching, closely.

No comments: